Ready to turn your passion for problem-solving into a career in IT? Join us as an IT Support Apprentice.
We are Absoft, a leading SAP Consultancy and Gold SAP Partner, dedicated to helping our clients improve efficiency, reduce cost and get the most out of their SAP systems.
We are seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to join our internal IT Support Team and embark on a rewarding journey of learning and professional growth. This entry-level role is designed for individuals who are passionate about technology and eager to kickstart their IT careers. No prior experience is necessary – we’ll offer extensive training and support to help get you up to speed.
We take pride in having a people-centric and collaborative culture focused on employee well-being, learning and development and creating an excellent place for our people to work.
A bit about the role:
As an IT Support Apprentice at Absoft you’ll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience supporting and troubleshooting all of our in-house software and equipment.
You will work closely with our internal IT Team, assisting in troubleshooting technical issues, providing end-user support and participating in various IT projects.
You can expect to gain a real understanding of the following:
- MS office365 management (AAD, Exchange online, Teams, Sharepoint)
- MS cloud device deployment (Intune)
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services (Backup)
- Security policy – ISO27001 & Cyber Essentials
- Windows desktop support
- Windows server/domain administration (AD, DNS, DHCP)
What we want from you:
- Strong passion for technology and a desire to pursue a career in IT
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A basic understanding of computer hardware, software and operating systems
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide first-level technical support to employees, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues, setting up workstations and assisting with software installation
- Assist in managing the IT help desk by responding to and resolving support tickets, ensuring timely resolution of technical issues
- Help maintain and upgrade computer hardware and software, ensuring all systems are up to date and in optimal working condition
- Create and maintain documentation and procedures
- Gain exposure to basic network administration tasks such as setting up and configuring routers, switches, and access points
- Actively participate in training and development opportunities to expand your IT knowledge and skills
£16,000 - £18,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm
What’s in it for you:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee protection – Life Assurance, Critical Illness, Income Protection
- Generous annual leave, with the ability to buy extra leave
- Access to Perkbox Platform
- Cycle to Work Scheme
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!