Business Administration Apprentice
Currently we have over 880 students aged 11-16 and over 340 aged 16-18 taking AS and A2 levels. We aim to be a friendly, caring and stimulating community which motivates young people to enjoy learning, participate enthusiastically in wider activities and make the most of their abilities.
Nearest Train Station – Rainham Train Station walk to The Cricketers – Bus No.132 to employer – 16 minutes. Walking distance 1.4 miles – 26 minutes.
Exciting opportunity for a Level 3 apprenticeship within an excellent performing school in Rainham. Main duties and responsibilities are indicated below. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Headteacher.
- Assist in processing orders ensuring sufficient funds are available beforehand, receive delivered goods and process invoices.
- Set up products in the Finance system so students can make online payments.
- Provide assistance to staff with regard to financial issues, for example, placing and following up orders, advising on best value, providing details of alternative suppliers.
- Ensure the safe receipt, handling and banking of monies and cheques received as required.
- Assist in issuing petty cash payments, ensuring required receipts and signatories are obtained for all purchases as required.
- Provide efficient finance and administration assistance as required.
- Assist in maintaining and updating information held on school databases, in particular those relating to finance including recording expenditure and income, accessing and producing reports for budget holders.
- Liaise with suppliers, contractors, other schools and organisations, budget holders and attend to queries as required.
- Assist in the circulation of incoming mail and outgoing post including governors’ mailings, taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues, suppliers and contractors.
- Assist in transferring data safely when database systems are introduced and/or changed.
- Assist in the setting up and maintaining of archive files and historical data.
- Ensure that all administrative/clerical duties, checks, documentation and reports are completed to the required level of accuracy and within deadlines.
- Answer incoming and internal calls, dealing with requests and enquiries and taking messages as required.
- Process, input and extract data held on the school’s database systems as required.
- Maintain both manual and computerised record and filing systems in line with requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of financial systems and procedures.
Weekly salary of £175.00 (based on £5.00 per hour, rising to £6 after 6 months.) This role is term time only plus additional 10 days ( total 40 weeks per year)
35 hours per week, working 8:00am to 3:30pm
Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
Confident when dealing with people.
GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.