Assistant Production Planner
Bolt Building Supplies Limited (part of the Harlow Group) are a well-established market leading manufacturer of Timber Products, Floor Joists & other timber materials supplying Timber Merchants, Builders Merchants and Major House Builders. This company has an out-standing reputation for the quality of their workmanship and on-going customer care and recently celebrated its 40th anniversary.
They are currently looking for an apprentice to aid in the administrative duties and support the on-goings of the business. As an Assistant Production Planner your main responsibilities will include:
- To support and administer purchase of stock for manufacturing.
- Booking in of goods delivered to the site.
- Invoice matching.
- Cost Control
- Cross department coordination of stock control.
- Input of sales orders ready for transport dispatch.
- Liaise with customers and provide a knowledgeable service in the office.
It is their plan to grow this role for the future and this is an outstanding long-term career opportunity for the right individual. If this sounds like what you are looking for in a career, then do not hesitate to apply now!
Job Type / Category
Over the years, Bolt Building Supplies Limited has earned a reputation for excellent service to the building industry. We are proud of this and continue to serve all our customers with this in mind. The Bolt fleet of lorries, almost all of which have crane off-load facilities, ensure prompt and reliable deliveries throughout East Anglia, the Midlands and the South.
We are an independent Builders’ and Timber Merchant with a specialist Roof Truss manufacturing. From our 8-acre site in Halstead, Essex, a comprehensive range of building and contracting materials are available. We also offer sheet materials, doors, mdf & softwood mouldings, construction metalwork, as well as smaller items at our Trade Counter - such as tools, fixings, safety gear etc
Trading since 1977, Bolt continues to grow and move forward. We currently employ 58 staff at our Halstead depot. In late 2015, Bolt was aquired by Harlow Brothers, and is now a member of their group of merchants.
Fifth Avenue, Blue Bridge Industrial Estate
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
- Total hours per week: 40.00
Training to be provided
- Level 3 in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
Expected apprenticeship duration
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- IT Literate- knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook 365
- Good communication skills.
- Organised, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to ensure work is always accurate and within time constraints
- Highly customer focused
- Great attention to detail
- It is desired that the successful candidate will hold GCSE, or equivalents, grades (A-C) / (9-4) in English and maths
- However, if these have not been achieved Key Training will provide support and up skill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement
The Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary subject to experience
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday rising with continuous service
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company after completion of the Apprenticeship
- Looking for an apprentice to grow and contribute to the company long-term