What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Threat resolution including talking to clients and remotely connecting to clients computers
- Information gathering by subscribing, reading and understanding security blogs
- Answering security questionnaires on behalf of clients
- Product evaluation of new and alternative products to be added to our portfolio
- Basic coding / scripting to write and maintain scripts and tools
Why choose our Cyber Security Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
The Cyber Security Engineer apprentice can help to design, build and test secure networks, security products or systems to help protect your organisation against cyber threats. QA is a market leader in cyber security training, with a state-of-the-art immersive cyber gamified learning, giving apprentices a hands-on learning experience in simulating a real cyber threat.
QA's exclusive partnership with Circadence Corporation, the pioneer of the hands-on gamified learning platform Project Ares®, allows us to uniquely incorporate hands-on scenario training into our cyber security apprenticeships. The Project Ares platform offers a totally immersive experience, using automated features to support skills adoption with an in-game advisor, Athena, who advises our players through scenario-based challenges. The platform scenarios replicate the unpredictability and escalating levels of complexity that cyberattacks can present. It drives high levels of engagement through leaderboards and badges, elements used widely in the gaming world.
QA's Cyber Security Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills in a safe, but realistic environment
- Apply all of the acquired skills throughout the programme, with added scoring of players and opponent actions with replay for object assessment
- Take part in hands-on training and active-learning models that increase retention rates by 75% so that cyber apprentices can prepare for real-world challenges
Tools and technologies learned: Apprentices will learn to use Project Ares, Python, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft PowerShell, Linux and AWS.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The possibility of full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental Qualifications
A Level or equivalent ICT (Grade (A*-C)) Essential