Job summary*This is a fixed term contract for 14 months* We as a Trust encourage and support your progression beyond your Apprenticeship and will be here to help!
We are very proud of our Apprentice success rates, with 92% of Apprentices successfully obtaining a substantive post within the Trust at the end of their Apprenticeship contract, and 98% of Apprentices having further plans in place following their Apprenticeship e.g. going on to further education, joining the NNUH staff bank or obtaining employment at another organisation. Apprenticeship Eligibility Criteria:
All applicants must be:
- Aged 16+
- Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three consecutive years
- Must not have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level or above
- Must not be in any form of formal government-funded education upon the start of their apprenticeship
Qualifications and Skills Required:
Full time: 37.5 hours per weekMain duties of the job
- Good general standard of education
- 4 GCSE's at Grade D/3 or above (or equivalent) subject to the job specification
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
Hethel is an acute respiratory ward where we care for patient with complex and often multiple health issues. This includes patients requiring chest drains, pleural procedures, using non-invasive ventilation and those suffering genetic respiratory illness's and diseases. We administer multiple medications and have a number of side rooms nursing patients with infections such as TB.
We are a friendly knowledgeable team who will provide support for your learning. We schedule regular study days where you can upskill and expand your knowledge, we believe you will enjoy the learning and thrive in a supported environment
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, work with all members of the Gastroenterology team, to contribute to the provision of the highest standards of patient care delivered with dignity, respect and compassion.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH's 'PRIDE' values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
02 October 2023Pay scheme
£10,296 a year per annum, pro rata (£198 per week) Contract
14 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time, Flexible working Reference number
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital