Childcare Apprenticeship (Level 3) - Nursery Educator
UK nursery of the year 2015/16 is recruiting!
Multi-award winning Reggio Emilia inspired Nursery Group is looking for Apprentices to work at our Horsham nursery.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within our highly successful nursery group where the Managers believe strongly in rewarding staff and helping them to develop.
Benefits to working at Little Barn Owls:
- Free lunch everyday
- Caring, supportive environment and culture
- Regular time out of ratio to document and assess children's learning
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Sick pay and good attendance rewarded with 5 days extra holiday per year
- Long service rewards of GBP1000 cash tax free
- Unrivalled professional development - regular courses, seminars and visits to other nurseries
- Working alongside professional Artists and expert consultants
- Team building fun days, meals out, and social events
- The chance to attend the week long International Study Tour in REGGIO EMILIA in ITALY (all expenses paid)
- Career progression for the ambitious and hardworking
- Opportunities to be involved in our Training School for external professionals
- Working as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Care and supervise the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Assist in the planning and preparation of activities to meet children's individual needs
- Offer all children equal opportunities regardless of their religion, racial origin, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background. Challenge situations where racism or discrimination are displayed
- Assist Nursery Educators to keep development records, including Learning Journals, observations, photographs, digital records where appropriate and all other types of documentation of children's learning. Engage in reflective practise by sharing interests and planning experiences with children and colleagues
- Positively manage children's behaviour
- Supervise mealtimes and, where appropriate, prepare babies' bottles
- Assist with Farm School, Forest School and any trips and outings as instructed
- Great passion for child development and keen to learn how the EYFS works
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
- A sense of humour, common sense and a 'can do' attitude!
- Masses of drive, ambition and energy!
- A determined, persistent and resilient person, who approaches and overcomes challenges with a positive attitude
- Desire to learn about the Reggio Emilia approach
- Passion for forest school and outdoor learning
Due to location, drivers are preferred. Public transport is extremely limited and the successful candidates will be required to work shift patterns between 7.15am - 6.15pm.
If you are truly passionate about children and want to be part of a dynamic team that is looking for its future Managers and Leaders, please get in touch.