Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning, delivering and evaluating a variety of age-appropriate sport and physical activity coaching sessions to meet the needs of groups and individuals in accordance with the Sky Blues in the Community programme.
- Work in diverse settings, such as community settings, youth clubs, leisure centres, public parks and open spaces, schools and colleges
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the sessions that you are responsible for including updating registers, consent forms, risk assessments, incident and accident forms, writing case studies and social media posts that demonstrate impact of projects, and recording any outcomes and accreditations achieved by participants using relevant monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Work with individuals and/or groups from a range of backgrounds, abilities, and age ranges
- Be responsible for the correct use of and safe keeping of sport and physical activity equipment.
- Ensure that the safety of facilities is checked before and during use for practical participation.
- Build and support positive working partnerships with existing/new key partners to receive continued funding for delivery of programmes.
- Maintain high standards of professional behaviour towards colleagues, young people, and adults with whom we engage and the wider public when working for and wearing Sky Blues in the Community uniform.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of, and adhere to, Sky Blues in the Community policies and procedures, including those relating to Safeguarding, Health and Safety and emergency procedures, including those of venues where you may be based.
- Work with Managers/Coordinators/Officers/coaches to support design and development of activities and programmes.
- Work as a team, effectively supervising, mentoring, and directing colleagues (coaches and volunteers) where appropriate.
- Develop professional and supportive relationships with all young people engaged in the session.
- Undertake regular professional development days as set by Sky Blue sin the Community to continue own personal development.
- Carry a fully stocked first aid kit when coaching.
- Undertake other duties as required to ensure efficient delivery of Sky Blues in the Community sessions.
- To undertake relevant training courses as requested by Sky Blues in the Community.
- Be self-motivated, committed, and reliable.
- Always represent Sky Blues in the Community and Coventry City Football Club in a professional manner.
At Sky Blues in The Community you will work towards your Level 2 Community Activity Coach Apprenticeship over the course of 15 Months.