External Communications Apprentice - 10590
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
The post-holder will:
- Assemble and collate materials for external events and exhibitions
- Assist the events team colleagues in preparing materials for external audiences
- Be responsible for keeping events and keeping engagement diaries up-to-date
- Write promotional copy for events, conferences and speaking engagements
- Use social media and websites to promote events and conferences
- Attend events and provide logistical support
- Seek and compile post-event feedback from colleagues across NICE, and evaluate the success and impact of exhibitions, providing briefing for colleagues
- Liaise with communications colleagues at external NHS and other organisations to promote NICE's bi-monthly public board meetings
- Work with colleagues in Internal Communications to develop the events team's pages on the staff intranet
- Provide efficient and effective support to team members
- Contribute to project planning and co-ordination.
- Liaise with team members, other staff within NICE and external organisations to ensure that deadlines are met
You will have:
- Enthusiasm for the news
- A well organised mentality along with a strong willingness to develop knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Diplomatic, prioritisation and analytical skills along with the ability to be able to work to deadlines
- Microsoft office skills
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Commitment to learning new skills.
You will have:
An A level or a Level 3 in a similar subject or hold an existing project management award i.e. Prince 2Future prospects 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their Project Management apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships. Things to consider From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.