Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
3 days left
The role will include providing support during the design stage of projects to forecast and plan budgets, to help architects and designers to design construction projects to meet cost targets and to support the selection of constructors and the negotiation and agreement of construction contracts.
The role will also include working through the construction delivery stage of projects to manage all financial aspects of payments, managing change and negotiating the settlement of final accounts with building contractors.
The role will include a mix of working in our office, attending meetings with our clients and designers and spending time on construction sites valuing work done, measuring progress and agreeing accounts.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Initiative, able to complete work independently
- Team work ethic, able to work well in a team to deliver a shared goal
- Excellent communication skills
- We are looking for team players with good communication skills, an ambition to learn, an ability to get things done and the potential to be motivational leaders.
For September 2017 entry the number of UCAS tariff points that qualifications are worth is changing. Visit UCAS for guidance on the 2017 tariff.
- A Level BBB or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions and 21 Merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points supported by substantial relevant work experience
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
- A surveying/building related BTEC HNC/HND/Foundation degree or equivalent.