Degree Apprenticeship Science pathway: Research & Development Refreshment Apprentice
As a R&D Refreshment Apprentice following the Food Science pathway, you will work with the R&D Refreshment teams leading the way in developing new products in Beverages and Ice Cream.
Over the 5 years you will study for a BSc in Food Science & Technology at Nottingham Trent University while experiencing working in different aspects of Refreshment R&D.
This could be:
- In the Ice cream Global Design Centre to develop Ice Cream Products for the global market
- Designing and utilising new technology to develop products for innovations truly ahead of the competition
- In Beverages delivering world class innovations in great tasting drinks that meet the vitality needs of our consumers
- In the Discover team whose aim is to be the primary source of sustainable, new science bringing great inventions for Unilever long-term competitiveness
- You must be able to express yourself when working within such a large business environment. You will need to listen to people and communicate clearly to achieve your goals
- You need to show a genuine interest in the subject area and the food science pathway in particular
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring
- You should have a passion to succeed and an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with your studies. You should be prepared to take on challenging work outside of your comfort zone
- Team work is key at Unilever. We have stretching targets and expectations, so supporting your team is vital
- You should always look for better ways to serve customers and consumers. They are at the heart of what we do at Unilever
- From the moment you join the scheme you will be working on real projects with real responsibilities and deliverables. We are looking for people not afraid to ask questions, learn new skills and speak up. Your input is just as important as the next persons
- At least 2 Science A levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above - Chemistry, Physics, Biology and/or Math's preferred