Solicitor Apprentice with Addleshaw Goddard
4 days left
The Solicitor Apprentice role is for bright and determined school leavers wanting to work in the legal profession and seeking a more practical way of qualifying as a solicitor than through going to university and following a traditional path to qualification.
A Solicitor Apprentice will study towards an LLB (Hons) and will qualify as an Associate at the end of the 6 year programme. Whilst training, a Solicitor Apprentice will support the Paralegals, Senior Paralegals and clients across the Firm with routine legal tasks.
This is a busy role where work may come from any of the Firm's practice areas and, as a result, a Solicitor Apprentice will work on a wide variety of assignments which may include:
- Assessing the relevance of a wide range of documentation as part of litigation cases
- Drafting and producing legal documentation and standard forms
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content
- Creating bundles for trial and employment tribunals
- Reviewing and reporting on legal documentation as part of a corporate due diligence exercise
- Managing electronic data sites, uploading and ordering documentation, and liaising with third parties
- Providing transactional support on corporate, banking or real estate projects
- Providing support to clients on-site
- The level of complexity of legal work and responsibility within the team will increase over the course of the Apprenticeship and may include:
- Carrying out the more technical or complex tasks undertaken by the team
- Managing the larger, more complex projects the team is instructed to complete
- Forming and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients.
- There will also be an opportunity to work in Addleshaw Goddards transaction team.
- Computer literate and thorough understanding of Company software.
- Efficient Administration skills.
- High level interpersonal skills - Ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Communication skills - Able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Experience within Outlook, Word and Excel would be beneficial.
- Attention to detail, Verbal and Written.
- Communication and Motivation for a career in a commercial law firm.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Motivation to commit to studying a 6 year apprenticeship programme
- At least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths, and ABB (or equivalent) at A level