Business Development Assistant
Iris Group is a privately owned company offering the expert provision of managed solutions using robotics, with a primary focus on unmanned air systems (UAS). The group is a collective alliance of comprehensive UAS industry knowledge, technical and operating expertise enhanced by data analysis specialists, and backed by an international group of engineering businesses servicing multinational companies around the world.
They are looking for someone eager to learn within the industry to start as a Business Development Assistant within their office in Milton Keynes and potentially expand into a position within the company in the future.
Main roles will include:
- Personal assistance to the head of Business Development
- Administrative support In developing new business opportunities
- Business development administration
- Administrative support
- Answering incoming calls
As a small company, they are looking for someone that enjoys a diverse and varied work life, someone who can smile throughout and if required pick up the “broom” and help the team get the job done. If this sounds like you, then apply now!
Job Type / Category
About the employer
RIS Group is an international team of experts, successfully operating and delivering results under challenging conditions in some of the most hostile and demanding environments across the globe.
The Executives have held senior military and commercial leadership/management positions and have deep strategic and operational insight in designing, planning and executing multi-faceted solutions to complex client challenges. The team has over 4,000 (manned) and 5,000 (unmanned) flying hours and more than 50 collective work experience years specifically within the robotics industries. The scope of their experience crosses a wide range of disciplines from design and manufacturing, testing, procurement and delivery, to operating, support and data analysis. All IRIS personnel have a unique blend of military, industrial and corporate experience, with specific knowledge of integrating military and commercial technologies to provide intelligent solutions for clients.
4 Whittle Ct
- Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm (1 hour lunch)
- 35 hours per week
Training to be provided
- Level 3 in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
Expected apprenticeship duration
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- IT Literate
- Good communication skills
- Organised, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to ensure work is always accurate and within time constraints
- Great attention to detail
- Keen to learn
- It is desired that the successful candidate will hold GCSE, or equivalents, grades (A-C) / (9-4) in English and maths
- However, if these have not been achieved Key Training will provide support and upskill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement
- There is an opportunity for travel as we have satellite offices globally which will need administrative support.
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company after completion of the Apprenticeship
- Looking for an apprentice to grow and contribute to the company long-term