Yacht & Motorboat Account Handler Apprentice
Yachtmaster Insurance Services are on the hunt for motivated and reliable candidate to join their focused and successful office based in Woodbridge. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate whilst working towards a Business Administration Level 2 qualification!
The purpose of this role is to...
- Assist in providing support to yacht and motorboat clients to ensure conversion of new business, service of existing accounts and retention of renewals to achieve company income targets in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- To learn the important elements in providing a claims service to customers.
- The trainee should expect to acquire a very full understanding of how an Insurance Brokerage with Binding Authorities works, including using Lloyds and the Company market.
- To learn to respond to enquiries from clients, brokers, sub-agents and underwriters received by phone, letter, e-mail or fax in a courteous and helpful manner and ensure that all information required by clients or underwriters is obtained and communicated.
- To learn the key task of “fact finding” to identify client’s requirements and to provide a quotation to fulfil their needs.
- Using the information gathered, determine which insurers will provide the most competitive rates or suitable cover for the insurance required, taking advice as necessary.
- Obtain quotations, using quotation system, rating guides or by referring to insurers. Communicate quotations, advising the most appropriate in terms of price and cover to meet the applicant’s needs.
- Discuss any “additional” covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
- If the quote is accepted, the jobholder to issue written or email confirmation, providing full details of cover, enclosing the proposal form for completion and the firm’s terms of business document. Issue invoices and policy documents and update client records.
- The jobholder will share responsibility for dealing with any actions attaching to existing clients on mid-term adjustments and claims and will refer to senior colleagues as necessary.
- To learn the system for raising renewals, which should be prepared 4-6 weeks before renewal date. Manage the departmental diary system and produce renewal documentation.
- Scrutinise new business documents received from insurers.
- Ensure that the paper files and system records are created for new business and updated following all the client contacts.
- Liaise with accounts personnel to ensure that credit control rules are followed and that cash flow objectives are achieved.
- Chase and receive payments by cheque, card and direct debit for new business, renewals and policy amendments. Issue receipt documents and send renewal documents.
- Filing, photocopying and printing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Directors
No previous experience is required, as full training will be provided.
Job Type / Category
Yachtmaster Insurance Services Ltd slipped into it's specialist niche for insuring yachts from the insurance brokerage in 1969. In recent years we have expanded our portfolio of cover to include Commercial Marine Trades and Household Insurance cover, as well as providing facilities for Marine Legal Protection and Yachtman's Travel Cover. Our philosophy as always is to provide an excellent level of service with the emphasis on that personal touch for all, whilst always endeavouring to keep premiums at a reasonable level.
- Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. 1 Hour Lunch. 35 Hours per week.
- Total hours per week: 35.00
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- It is desired that the successful candidate will hold GCSE grades (A-C) / (9-4) in English and Math's
- However, if these have not been achieved Key Training will provide support and upskill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement.
- IT Literate
- Good telephone manner
- An interest in insurance or boating would be an advantage.
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the view to progress onto a full-time position within the company after completion of the Apprenticeship.
Training to be provided
- 1-2-1 in house training from Key Training for the Business Administration Level 2 NVQ
- Functional Skills training and upskill in English and Math's - If Required
- Full in house company training for the job role
Business and Administration - 12 Month Duration.