Higher Level 4 PR Apprentice
1 day left
A PR apprentice (we'll call you a PR assistant as it makes you sound like less of a trainee) at 26 Letters will become an integral part of our team and will take an active role in driving our business forward, getting to know clients and achieving results for them.
In return you will be given a fun, relaxed but hard working environment in our office in London and the right balance of tutoring, nurturing, freedom and responsibility to achieve as much as you possibly can. Perks of the job include the recently introduced monthly ‘Waffle Wednesday' for unhealthy dessert in our onsite gastro-pub, Christmas closing without it coming out of your holiday allowance, a generous new business bonus, potential end of year company performance bonus and a lie in on your birthday.PR activities
The PR Apprentice will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Writing - Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include articles, news releases, blogs, and case studies)
- Social media - Understanding when and which social media channel is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic and effective way for companies and brands
- Media liaison - Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, pitching stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (i.e. journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press selection products
- Deliver PR campaigns - Supporting the team in creating new campaigns, working to deliver a strategy for a client or organisation
- Evaluate PR campaigns - Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of PR campaigns and measuring their impact
- Presentation - Planning, structuring and delivering presentations internally and externally
- Research & data analysis - Conducting research for the team and/or clients and reporting key details
- Events - Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate workload management by undertaking the following activities.
- Time management - Planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities and apprenticeship training are met
- Diary management - Ensuring email/online diaries are kept up to date
- Meetings - Arranging internal and external meetings, ensuring rooms are suitable and attendees needs are catered for
- Career development - Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Professional relationships - Developing professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication
- Communicating with supervisors/mentors - Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise
- Team building - Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment
- Networking - Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining an professional image
- Follow company and training provider procedures at all times
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages and experienced in social media
- Organised and able to manage own time
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous ‘work experience' undertaken in a press office, PR agency or at a newspaper would be preferable but not essential
- Natural flair for creative writing
- Motivated and committed
- A ‘self-starter' - someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity
- Sense of humour
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GCSE A*- C in English or equivalent
- GCSE A* - C in Maths or equivalent