Supply Chain Higher Apprenticeships - AstraZeneca
AstraZeneca are passionate about developing fresh talent and creating leaders of the future.
We operate in over 100 countries and their medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. There is a team of around 50,000 people working across the globe, driving innovation to solve some of the most serious medical issues facing mankind today.
AstraZeneca's apprenticeship scheme offers you a unique opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst working closely alongside industry experts and professionals. The workplace experience acquired during your apprenticeship will ensure you develop the skills to provide good prospects for full term positions within AstraZeneca and in laboratory science roles within other science based companies.
In addition to gaining valuable working experience you will have the opportunity to study towards professional qualifications dependant on your chosen department whilst earning a competitive salary.
The apprenticeship programme commences annually in September at the Macclesfield site and we are offering Apprenticeships within our R&D Supply Chain organisation and Operations supply chain who support AstraZeneca across all key therapeutic areas and supporting projects in phases of the drug development lifecycle and manufacturing. We are offering apprenticeships in 3 areas. These are;
• Study Management - you will work in a team of Supply Chain Professionals who work in collaboration with customer functions such as Clinical, to influence and manage the demand of drugs for individual Clinical trial studies.
• Sourcing - you will work in a team responsible for finding and working with external global suppliers who provide a wide range of services, to develop, manufacture, analyse, pack and distribute potential new medicines to clinical trials around the world.
• Warehouse - you will work in a team of Supply Chain professionals to ensure products reach their final destinations in a timely and compliant manner distributing our products to the patients who need them.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Beyond your academic qualifications, AstraZeneca are looking for individuals who demonstrate:
- Good communication skills.
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and the confidence to work independently
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving; making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- High Numeracy and Literacy skills
- Computer Literacy
- The ability to learn
- Acts with Integrity - Acting in a way that is consistent with accepted values; values may come from personal moral codes, society or AZ
- Works Collaboratively - Team working; works together with others, as opposed to working separately or competitively, for the overall benefit of all
- Develops People - Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others
- Passion for Customer - Focusing efforts on understanding customers and meeting their needs
- Drives Performance - Focusing efforts on delivering results and improvements
- Flexible - Flexing and adapting approach to meet the changing needs of the business; easily accepting changes in job requirements
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*-C including Maths, English and Science.
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above (IT, Business or Maths are preferred)