ATA Commercial Procurement Higher Apprenticeship - Pfizer
Pfizer is one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies.
At Pfizer, they apply science and their global resources to improve health and wellbeing at every stage of life. They strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of medicines.
Their global healthcare portfolio includes medicines and vaccines and many of the world's best-known consumer healthcare products.
Every day, Pfizer colleagues work to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. Consistent with their responsibility as one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, they collaborate with healthcare providers, governments and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable healthcare around the world. For more than 150 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on them.
In the UK, Pfizer has its business headquarters in Surrey and is a major supplier of medicines to the NHS.
To develop commercial buying capability supporting the transformation of the way that services and goods are delivered to the business and commercial operations across Pfizer UK. To work within the procurement department securing value for the business whilst gaining experience of commercial operations across the Science Industry.
You will receive comprehensive on-job training to understand many aspects of Pfizer's supply chain systems, coupled with off-job training which will lead to a recognised professional qualification with the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
A key part of the role will be to establish excellent working relationships with customers, suppliers and peers of all levels, both internally and externally to the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Negotiate price, delivery and contract conditions for the relevant materials and services
- Progress orders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Take actions to manage supplier performance issues
- Ensure timely payment for materials and services provided
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of supply processes
Throughout this apprenticeship you will be involved with and gain understanding of:
- The commercial life-cycle: pre-procurement, sourcing and contract management, and be aware of how these stages fit into the organisation's structure.
- The market, supplier and service landscape before beginning the tendering process
- How business needs are captured and shape commercial decisions; be aware of how such business objectives are articulated in contractual agreement and procurement specifications.
- The use of the different types of documentation and terminology that frequently form part of the commercial procurement process for the supply of goods and services
- The concept of ‘adding value' through commercial relationships
- The main types of contractual and supply chain risks and difficulties that may arise
The above list is not exhaustive and you will be working in an energised and supportive environment, with industry experts, to develop first class skills and knowledge.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Time Management
- Positive Attitude
- Strong Attention to detail
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong self-motivation
- You should possess 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) - grades A - C including Maths and English
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above.