ATA Higher Business Administration Apprenticeship - Pfizer
Pfizer is one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies.
At Pfizer, they apply science and their global resources to improve health and wellbeing at every stage of life. They strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of medicines.
Their global healthcare portfolio includes medicines and vaccines and many of the world's best-known consumer healthcare products.
Every day, Pfizer colleagues work to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. Consistent with their responsibility as one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, they collaborate with healthcare providers, governments and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable healthcare around the world. For more than 150 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on them.
In the UK, Pfizer has its business headquarters in Surrey and is a major supplier of medicines to the NHS.
To work as part of the WSR Business Support Team within Pfizer to provide a professional administrative and business support service to Worldwide Safety & Regulatory colleagues at all levels based at Sandwich, Walton Oaks and designated colleagues globally and regionally.
To undertake tasks to support the delivery of the Submissions Management (SM) strategy and associated business activities as set out by the WRO SM Business Manager.
Working together as a team to identify and implement processes, whilst continually striving for best practices and standards to enable the most effective and efficient alignment of resources, skills and expertise in support of the business
Business Support Administrator tasks:
- 1:1 advanced Admin support inc. Diary Management, expenses and travel for designated Senior Manager(s).
- Organization of various and complex meetings, including video conferences, teleconferences and room bookings using online tools.
- Interview scheduling and coordination in support of recruitment campaigns.
- Managing new starter requirements including contractor and vendor on/off boarding in conjunction with Agency Worker Regulation obligations and timelines, and ensuring induction plans and registration documents are in place for first day.
- Visitor management and liaison - co-coordinating processes and receiving in a professional and friendly manner.
- Liaising with onsite groups to support meetings, training sessions etc.
- Arranging Team Events where required.
- Collation and preparation of business information (PowerPoint slides, agendas, pre-read material etc) in advance of meetings.
- General administrative duties including, photocopying, scanning, dispatch of packages via courier.
- Processing and management of regulatory documentation as required, such as agency correspondence and Commission Decision documents in line with relevant current SOP.
- Ordering and maintaining department stationery stocks.
- Assisting with Concur queries using Pfizer, Travel & Expenses system.
- Electronic Filing of Regulatory Documentation using electronic filing system.
- Processing Financial requests using various Pfizer systems including Ariba SAP, FCPA etc.
- Making any travel and accommodation bookings in accordance to the current Global Travel Policy.
- Maintaining Global department distribution lists and department records in accordance with best practice and department processes.
- Preparation and maintenance of SharePoint sites.
- Suggesting and implementing process improvements for administrative functions carried out throughout the department.
Business Administrator responsibilities - Submissions Management (SM):
Management and interpretation of communications underpinning business strategy
- Proactive maintenance of detailed business information. Interpretation of data, periodic report generation and management/co-ordination of resulting actions, proposals and decisions.
Programme management and/or generation of SM deliverables:
- To co-ordinate the delivery of the SM Business Strategy, Execution Plan and Annual Objectives and represent SM to internal customers.
Assistance to projects that ensure optimal business operations
- Point of contact for general business issues and items (e.g. business compliance, HR) requiring co-ordination across all SM location s(US, Latin America, UK, China, India).
- Manage assigned strategic initiatives, resources, timelines and communication plans relating to the general operating model.
- Goal clarity, engagement and organisational efficiency as well as capturing deliver of actions and goals.
Real time maintenance of business information, periodic report generation.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Time Management
- Positive Attitude
- Strong Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- You should possess 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) - grades A - C including Maths and English
- You should possess 2 A-levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above