Apprentice Software Developer
You will be supporting the IT and Business information team by managing databases, supporting current systems and users, developing ‘mobile technology' platforms and application technologies as well as aspects of existing interfaces.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Writing SQL queries
- Analysis of data within SQL databases
- SQL report writing
- Programming interface enhancements (VB.net)
- Carry out systems backups timeously
- Carry out daily and other checks on systems
- Log results and note, report any problems
- Escalate as necessary via escalation process
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required e.g. Desktop support, answering Help Desk calls / emails etc.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate report writing
- Maintenance of SQL database integrity
- Achievement of both specified and implied tasks (to be identified on commencement of role)
- Good communications skills
- Good project management skills
- Team player
- Displays a strong customer service ethic
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Server, Desktop and Office products knowledge desirable
- Database principles preferably SQL, with programming knowledge preferably VB.net
- Possesses a continuous improvement culture
- Well groomed
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Driven, confident, self-motivated and results orientated
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE's C and above including Mathematics, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Future prospects Permanent position within the company. Things to consider From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly - any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.