Purchasing Higher Apprenticeship
Siemens Motion Control in the UK, is an integral part of Siemens Digital Factory Division, providing technical solutions for control of motors in many different applications. Our factory in Congleton has been around for over 40 years during which time it has gained UK and European wide recognition and is best in class in many areas.
The key functions of the site are product development, customer services and medium volume manufacturing. Our Strategic Purchasing team is a diverse and dynamic team, vital to building a sustainable supply base with the capability of supplying the parts our manufacturing teams need, when they need them, at the right price.
What are my responsibilities?
- As a Purchasing Apprentice, you will work with our Procurement team to source and deliver components to our site at the best price and lead times. This will involve importing and exporting requirements, negotiating purchase prices and understanding contract law.
- On completion of the apprenticeship and subject to a good training record this could lead to a full-time position in a function that the business can support. This may include our Purchasing or Logistics Teams for example. There may also be potential for further educational.
What else do I need to know?
Throughout and beyond the apprenticeship, you will be expected to work core office hours (8.30 - 16.30) as well as occasional out of hours working.
The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate a passion for developing a career within the purchasing profession or manufacturing industry and a disciplined approach to timekeeping and attendance.
As a result of the various placements you must be able to work alongside employees of all levels, and in order to complete the Higer Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to achieve multiple qualifications which demand a high level of motivation and the commitment to study and complete work in your own timeRequirements and prospects Desired skills
- Computer Literacy
- Complex problem solving abilities.
- Team Working
- Excellent Communication & Influencing Skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- a high level of motivation
- the commitment to study and complete work in your own time
- a positive can-do attitude
- You will have achieved GCSE grade C or above in English Language, Maths and Science.
- You will be working towards or have achieved 3 A-Levels, ideally including Maths, English, ICT or Business.
- Level 2 in ICT would be an advantage.