Project Management Apprentice
4 days left
Your job will consist of some or all of the following elements:
- Monitoring project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders
- Project planning and risk and issue management
- Logging, managing and analysing information on the progress of the project, using Excel and other bespoke databases
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Providing support to project colleagues and supporting with tasks relevant to the project/s
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Write letters and send them to appropriate bodies, and receive incoming mails
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
The skills, experience, qualifications and motivation required are:
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to liaise withline managers in the business in order to deliver against their peoplerequirements
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner; effective listening and good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to learn quickly (on the job and through training)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise critical items and identify risk
- Ability to perform a range of routine administration duties through experience in generic administration activity e.g. data processing, record management, minute taking etc.
- Contribute to a positive team environment - is helpful and supportive of other team members and understands team priorities
- Sound communication and advisory skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with customers within the business and candidates outside the business
- Flexible approach to working with the ability to travel as required.
High level of motivation, commitment and drive.Qualifications required
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A* to C with, English and Mathematics at grade B being two of those subjects.Future prospects Successful candidates may be offered a full time position after completion of their apprenticeship. Things to consider This apprenticeship is only suitable for non-graduates. When providing evidence for the questions above, you should ensure the examples used include: • What you did: a brief statement outlining the task or situation and what your personal contribution was • How you did it: evidence outlining the steps you took and the difficulties you faced • What the outcome was: including the results and the benefits The examples you select should demonstrate your transferrable skills and can be from a wide range of experiences, for example: school, hobbies and volunteering, work or social activities. The answer to each question should be no more than 250 words. At the first stage of the selection process your application will be checked for eligibility against the criteria to apply. A mark for each of the competency based questions will be awarded and only the top scoring applicants will be invited to interview at the Department for Education. Incomplete applications and information will not be considered. We will take account of your spelling and grammar, which will help to determine whether to progress your application to interview. Contact point for applicants CSL_Apprenticeships@capita.co.uk There are a number of Highways England vancies currently live. Please make sure to apply for ONE vacancy only. Duplicate applications will not be taken into consideration.