Join Howdens and Launch Your Career as an Apprentice Trade Counter Sales Person
At Howdens, we take immense pride in being recognised as a leading employer of apprentices. Our commitment to nurturing talent and creating long-term career opportunities is evident through our placement in the prestigious Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers table in both 2022 and 2023.
The Opportunity: Apprentice Trade Counter Sales Person
As an integral part of our workforce, we are seeking talented individuals to join our award-winning apprenticeship scheme and help drive our business forward. The Apprentice Trade Counter Sales Person role offers a unique opportunity to receive comprehensive on-the-job training and expert support from a leading training provider while pursuing a Level 2 Trade Supplier Apprenticeship. The program typically spans 12 to 15 months.
As a Trade Counter Sales Person, you will play a pivotal role as front of house in the depot, greeting trade customers and end consumers and dealing with their enquiries.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service
- Process sales for customers using the in store payment systems, quoting correct pricing, delivery date and stock requirements.
- Communicating with a wide variety of internal and external customers to build relationships and provide a high-quality service that encourages repeat business
- Maintain up to date product and industry knowledge
- Gaining technical knowledge of the products and services offered together with the bespoke systems and equipment used in the depot
- Developing long term collaborative relationships with customers
- Handling incoming and outgoing stock
We are looking for people with the following qualities who want to learn new skills in a customer facing environment:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective planning and organising abilities
- Capability to prioritise and organise own workload effectively
- A strong desire for continuous personal and professional development.
- The right to work in the UK and related evidence
Please note - if you have considerable experience in a similar role, you may not be suitable for an apprenticeship. If you already have experience and are looking for a full time role please visit (url removed) to see our non-apprenticeship opportunities.
- Trade Supplier Level 2 - Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Training provided by our in-house Learning & Development Team
- Support from external training providers
- A 15-month program, including a minimum 12-month learning period and end-point assessment
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths qualifications will be supported in achieving this level before undertaking the Level 2 English and maths test for the end-point assessment and apprenticeship completion
Rewards and Benefits:
We believe in recognising and rewarding the hard work and dedication of our team members. In return for your commitment, you will receive:
- A competitive GBP15,000 salary.
- Paid holiday entitlement.
- A generous matched contribution Pension Scheme.
- Team incentives and outings.
- Staff discount on Howdens products
Howdens Joinery is the UK's premier trade kitchen supplier, offering a vast range of products in kitchens, joinery, and hardware. With over 800 depots across the UK and Europe, we have earned the trust of more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals. Our ambitious growth agenda and entrepreneurial ethos make us an exciting place to build a career. Our dedication to our people has earned us recognition as one of the 10 Best Big Companies to Work For.
Howdens is founded on the principle of being Worthwhile for ALL concerned. We're working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, please email (url removed) with the job title and location, and we will be happy to help you.