As part of our continuous investment into early careers, we are very excited to be looking for the next generation of talent in fashion and are recruiting two new apprenticeship roles within our Buying and Merchandising teams.
Offering a great alternative to college or university, these opportunities are perfect for someone looking to kick-start their career in fashion, without the need for a university degree.
Working in partnership with our external training partner, The Fashion Retail Academy, the apprenticeship programme will deliver high quality learning and development to the successful candidates.
The 18-month programme will see you spend time providing administrative support to both the Buying and Merchandising teams and give you a great introduction to a both areas and the foundations to shape your future within the industry.
- Support with the daily communication to the supply base, ensuring suppliers are aware and understand Matalan’s requirements for products standards, labelling & deliveries
- Work in conjunction with Retail & VM to develop guidelines for Play a key role in the successful daily management of the Critical Path
- Support the Buying Team with Marketing and eCom requirements – Sample handover, Photoshoot deadlines, Collection of product, Database information, website visual management
- Assisting with the benchmarking and competitor analysis of the departmental products
- Responsible for daily Administration – Filing, Sample Room Management, Post (opening/sending), Room set ups
- Develop strong knowledge of the department range in order to successfully assist and support the merchandising team for the designated category.
- Support the Merchandising Team with the creation and amendments of the departments purchase orders and ensuring that all necessary documents are delivered to our suppliers in a timely manner
- Working cohesively with the Imports team to ensure shipments are approved on time, as part of the critical path management
- Liaise with Stock Placement teams to ensure effective allocation and replenishment of stock into stores
- Assisting with producing Monday trade sales reports, for both Buying and Merchandising
- Responsible for daily Administration - Changes to supplier revised delivery dates, screen diary management, updating daily sales reports, progress reports, assisting with ad-hoc analysis reports
- Develop strong excel skills to assist with producing key Buying & Merch Reports
- Minimum 5 GCSE grades A-C / 9 – 5 including Maths and English
- Previous Level 3 qualification (A-Levels or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate confidently at different levels
- Able to work independently.
- Strong Excel skills
- Self-Motivated with great organisational skills
From humble beginnings to disruptive innovations in the retail industry, when we say there’s no other retailer like Matalan, we really mean it! There’s an honesty and energy here that allows our people to shine, which our colleagues, customers, and suppliers love.
Right now, Matalan is stepping into a new age and embracing the changing face of retail. We work together to support our customers, suppliers, and each other, and we’re excited by the possibility of our people helping us to shape the future of retail. We make sure every voice is heard, nurture the ambitions of our people, and invest in their future. Our amazing and diverse people make us who we are, and our values are the driving force behind everything we do: Think Customer, Think Family, Be Real, Be the Best.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.