Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked - Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM (total 37.5 hours per week)
About the company:
For us, tech has never been about just hardware or software. It’s about people. It’s our meaningful relationships, deep expertise and practical know-how in technology that drive what we do. We put our customers, our partners and the environment at the heart of everything we do, and our people are the difference that make the difference.
At Boxxe, we understand, we collaborate, we simplify, we care, and we deliver; together we are making tech human.
Brief job description:
We are looking to recruit someone who is early in their IT career and is wanting to train to become an IT System Support Analyst. The role requires someone who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
As an IT System Support Analyst your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the Security Services team.
- Learning how to provide technical support.
- Helping the existing staff, to deliver IT support services to clients, including the setup, configuration and delivery of end user devices.
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls and tickets are handled within appropriate timescales.
- Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
- You will receive ongoing training and accreditation, enabling you to build on your knowledge and experience. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Keen to learn new technologies.
- An understanding of IT systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Good work ethic.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to new tasks easily.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to network with new and emerging technologies and services, whilst engaging with some of the largest UK corporate and public sector customers.
- You will be part of a team where sustainability is at the heart of what we do. You will become a Force for Good as you use your 11.5 CSR days to the benefit of our local community. A fun, safe working environment based on trust, collaboration, and respect with work from anywhere policy so you can work from where you are at your best A great challenge in an inclusive and supportive team environment, where every idea is respected and matters.
- An overall benefits package full of the things that matter, including an enhanced maternity and paternity policy, Private Medical Insurance, Perkbox, an Employee Assistance Programme available to you and your household and on-going training so you can accelerate your career with Boxxe.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.