Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 8am – 6pm, Monday - Friday
About the company:
Kyocera Document Solutions UK are specialists in advanced cloud, IT, communication and managed document solutions. Our founder’s pioneering philosophy guides how we work and shapes our vision for the future of the smarter workplace and for the protection of our precious planet.
The values that underpin the Kyocera Group are the 5 C’s- Communication, Courage, Commitment, Cooperation and Consciousness. It is our firm belief that employees should live by these values, and we would expect that you should show your commitment to these values by carrying out your work fairly and honourably, respecting people, our work as a business, and both our local and global community.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Service Desk Incident Operator Apprentice with Kyocera Document Solutions UK based in Reading.
Your main goal will be to receive and log all first line technical queries and requests on the service management from internal, external, direct, and indirect customers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To handle all first line technical queries relating to hardware and solutions.
- To take ownership of Key Account as a single point of contact for Account managers/Partners on queries/escalations.
- To provide support and resolve issues over the phone.
- To monitor and respond to the Incident Management email inbox.
- To escalate any unresolvable issues to the appropriate second line support.
- To diagnose and request the despatch of spare parts via Service Operations Administration when required.
- To diagnose and log incident tickets on the incident management system and escalate to appropriate resolver group (return to base, exchange, etc).
- To request field service call via the Service Scheduling Team.
- To log all queries via incident call management systems, updating call status where appropriate and closing calls once actions are complete.
- To process toner orders checking requirement using available monitoring tools.
- To observe and adhere to the set service levels agreed.
- To monitor call status and chase / escalate any outside of SLA for resolution.
- To highlight and report on any areas of improvement.
- Any other tasks as directed.
- A minimum of Maths & English – Grade 3/D and above. If you have a grade 3/D, you will be required to complete functional skills assessment.
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Excellent Phone Manner.
- Good Listening Skills.
- Troubleshooting Skills.
- Organisational Skills.
- Work well within a team.
- Ability to be able to multitask.
- Strong Customer Focus.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.