Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join them and work with a talented team of Engineers and Technicians. You will deliver assigned tasks and provide technical support, working towards the overall successful delivery of technically challenging designs.
- Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams through ongoing familiarisation of Design Standards and Codes of Practice and Design Guidance notes etc.
- Demonstrate ability to understand technical concepts
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team.
- Ongoing Continual Professional Development through appreciation, understanding and experience of works directly relatable to ongoing tasks extending to wider subject reading and knowledge of Engineering and relatable subjects though self study.
- Working towards Chartered Membership of ICE / IStructE.
- Communicate throughout the stages of a project with the Engineering Team, Technicians, and the Project Manager / Owner on a regular basis and as and when required providing regular updates of progress of works against programmes.
- Prepare and collate/assist in the preparation and collation of project-specific documentation.
- Reviewing and self-checking of own work.
- Co-ordinate information with relevant third parties (i.e., Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Surveyors and other members of the design team including utilities companies) working to establish relationships with peers in outside organisations.
- Attend meetings on occasions, when necessary, visit sites, carry out site investigations, attend site meetings and check progress of work on site and where necessary prepare assist in the preparation and issue of site inspection reports.
- Responsible for managing the production of assigned deliverables and associated outputs ensuring they are delivered on time and to an excellent standard.
- Prepare and present information to the Engineering Team and other teams within the business.
- Ability to handle the project management of smaller tasks and projects.
- Undertaking of complex structural calculations and design proofs using a range of techniques including handwritten calculations.
- Develop analytical design models, using a range of computer packages, to assist in the assessment and design of larger scale buildings including interpretation of output.
- Prepare marked up drawings for use in preparation of reinforcement detailing and subsequent review of completed reinforcement drawings.
- Review the prepared structural drawings and details to ensure these reflect the design assumptions and calculations.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your up-to-date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.