Salendine Nook High School is over-subscribed, achieves good academic standards and has a reputation as a caring community. In the recent inspection in December 2019, OFSTED graded the school as ‘Good’ in all categories and hence ‘Good’ overall.
This Apprenticeship involves learning and putting into practice the broad range of ICT technical support skills, including customer care.
As part of this role, you will be undertaking ICT technical duties such as:
- Providing first line helpdesk support to students, staff, contractors and visitors;
- Installing new software, hardware upgrades and replacing components as and when required;
- Maintaining the upkeep of the school I.T. inventory;
- Monitoring and logging helpdesk issues on the IT support request system;
- Supporting staff setting up and preparing equipment around the school e.g. assembly set up, presentation evening, etc;
- Setting up laptops, projectors, whiteboards, sound systems as and when required, ensuring they are ready to use;
- Providing basic maintenance and cleaning support for all computer equipment and networks, including the connection and commission of new equipment and security marking;
- Using systems to set up accounts and reset passwords;
- Setting up and installing printers;
- Receiving and checking deliveries and associated invoices.
The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
You will be based in our ICT Technical Office.
What we expect from you?
- Full participation in the training provided.
- Attend college and complete work/assignments on time.
- Be motivated, pro-active and use initiative.
- Be punctual.
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship achieved through completion of relevant qualifications and reaching the required standard of performance.
- Treat people with respect and fairness.
- Take personal responsibility for own learning
Eligibility to Apply
Please note, you are only eligible to apply for this role if:
- You have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years (there are some exceptions to this so applicants will need to be considered on case by case basis as required);
- You are not in full time compulsory education;
- You have not previously completed an Apprenticeship at the same or higher level (however, in some cases it may be justified for an individual to complete another Apprenticeship at the same level – to be considered on a case by case basis as required and permission sought from the Skills Funding Agency);
- You have not previously achieved a NVQ level 4 qualification or higher;
- You are able to meet the entry requirements of the NVQ course, and to attend and undertake the studying and coursework required to complete the course.
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 4+ (A-C)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
16 to 18 year olds - £10,186 per annum, 18 to 20 year olds - £14,605.50 per annum, 21 to 22 year olds £19,640 per annum & 23 year old & over £20,102 per annum
- Competitive salaries
- Outerwear for staff undertaking duties
- Opportunities to earn TOIL (in addition to holiday entitlement)
- Laptop or device for (teaching staff)
- Staff swimming and water polo sessions before school
- Staff football and team sports after school
- Staff shopping benefits with linked app
- Staff work room
- 90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 or Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work-based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!