Apprentice Assistant Site Engineer
Bachy Soletanche specialise in all aspects of modern geotechnics and foundation engineering, including LDA piling (large diameter bored), CFA piling (continuous flight auger), restricted access mini-piling, diaphragm walls, tunnelling, grouting and engineering to safeguard the environment. These techniques are used to form a variety of structures including:
- Deep Basements
- Station Boxes
- Underground Car Parks
- Remediation of Contaminated Land
- Bored Pile Retaining Walls
- Cut-off Walls
We are committed to ongoing improvement and development. Through this we are able to meet challenges head on and continue to push the boundaries. Whatever the project, our clients reap the rewards of our excellent design procedures, better geotechnical processes and unrivalled experience.
To complement and strengthen our existing teams, we are looking for an Apprentice Assistant Site Engineer.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in the day to day operational site control of contracts within the UK, focusing on safety, quality, productivity, cost control, performance to programme and customer service. Also, to assist in the management of contracts such that they perform in line with budget and to maintain motivated, effective and safety conscious workforce.
- Assist colleagues, as required, with providing effective engineering solutions.
- Work on Bachy Soletanche sites alongside other engineers, applying knowledge and increasing skill-base.
- Providing assistance to management team, in liaison with safety, quality, commercial and estimating departments.
- Assist with procurement of plant and equipment for contracts where required.
- Production of simple contract reports (writing and compilation of reports).
- Produce weekly internal timesheets, where required from current contracts prior to submission of Contracts Manager/payroll.
- Ensure required site outputs and reports are produced (progress/safety/commercial/quality).
- General administration support to engineers.
- Preparation, issue and filing of correspondence including but not limited to contract related documentation and tenders.
- Processing and data entry or productivity information from sites, into IT systems for analysis.
Physical Working Environment:
Office and/or site based, as required. Some projects may require several weeks or months based on site depending on nature and location of site projects. Job involves travel to sites throughout the UK, so must be mobile and hold current driving licence or have access to own transport.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Knowledge of basic engineering techniques would be useful.
- Relevant work placement experience within civil engineering or construction field would be an advantage.
- Good IT skills including Excel and Word.
- Team player.
- Good problem solver.
- Willing to learn product details and be flexible in terms of work and location.
- Good Education, GCSE's (or equivalent) B or above including English, Maths and Science.
- Level 3 Construction and the Built Environment/ NVQ Construction Contracting Level 3 qualifications would be advantageous.
- Full driving licence required or the commitment to learning to drive or have access to own transport.