What you will do in your working day
The purpose of the role is to generate sales (initially as a lead generator) by securing business gas, electric or water contracts.
You will be responsible for building a pipeline of small business prospects through a range of contact strategies - this will mostly be achieved through outbound calling from our existing database.
Key responsibilities will include:
The training you will be getting
- Building a pipeline of business opportunities
- Obtain relevant information from key business owners - such as recent utility bills
- Generate Leads for Business Consultants
- Obtain prices and negotiate contracts with clients (this will be following your initial training period)
- Keep accurate records within our CRM
- Handle any inbound telephone queries
- Liaise closely with the Sales Administration team to ensure all contracts are managed in a robust and timely manner
- Build and maintain your knowledge of the energy industry - including supplier products and services
You will be undertaking the Sales Executive Level 4 Programme, which will be delivered to you by Mercuri International UK. Mercuri are Global Leaders in Sales and Leadership Training and are a Business Improvement Consultancy.You will also gain the L4 Diploma in Sales from the Institute of Sales Professionals.
The duration of the programme is approximately 18 months. Training is delivered through a series of themed workshops, live virtual learning, coaching through 1:1 sessions with your nominated coach who will support you for the duration of your journey, we support you with directed online learning and face-to-face training when we are able.
The training and theory are designed to be relevant and applicable to your day-to-day role, it will challenge you and push to you achieve excellence in performance.
- Career development and support from day one
- Opportunities to collaborate with a wide and varied number of functions across the business and the ability to learn new skills
- A dynamic working environment offering attractive working conditions
- We are a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, ideal for anyone with an interest in protecting our environment
We are focused on creating and maintaining a positive and inclusive culture focusing on recruiting the best possible people, those that align with our company values and high performing culture, we are committed to rewarding those who share our vision and goals, offering a competitive salary and high OTE.
This role would be suitable for those looking for a change of direction / career, graduates or school-college leavers.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A potential full-time position is available once the apprenticeship has been completed with opportunities for further career progression within the company.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C / 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent A Levels (Grade C / 4 and above) Desired
Other Degree (Grade 2:2) Desired Things to consider
This is a genuine opportunity to join a fast paced growing company, we are experienced in supporting apprentices within the business and encourage career progression, we are fun loving, ambitious and vibrant team, fully supportive of your journey, we want you to excel.