What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Assist with managing the testing of business change activities.
- Identify and escalate appropriately where delivery deadlines are at risk.
- Identify relevant areas for regression testing, ensuring sufficient coverage achieved to provide confidence in releases.
- Assist the team with creating manual test scripts in line with the test plan and test strategy.
- Execute tests as required in line with project demands.
- Manage defects with the relevant stakeholders to prioritise defects & coordinate resolution with delivery teams.
- Liaise with the appropriate areas to ensure all non-functional testing is undertaken in line with the test plan.
- Assist the team with maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for use within the test team.Assisting with any functional queries that may arise from business users following releases.
- 2nd / 3rd Line Technical Support.
- Engagement with international customers.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-testerWhat to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Initiative, Ability to work under pressure, Work to tight deadlines, Positive attitude, To work individually, Commitment to quality, Good time keeping, Proactive Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential