Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship over the course of 15 months. There are five key areas of work all leisure team members will cover; leisure and fitness operations, lifeguard duties, swimming teaching duties, gym instruction and leading group activities. You will act as a Lifeguard, Swimming Teacher, Gym Instructor and Group Activity Leader amongst other operational duties.
You will achieve your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing, Level 1&2 Swim Teaching & NPLQ Lifeguarding Qualifications as part of this apprenticeship.
Your duties will include:
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons - This will be the main focus of the role.
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Covering Lifeguard positions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed approach to your responsibilities
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Understanding Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Support and motivate clients who take part in physical activity
- Safe and effective pool supervision
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Effective communication with other team members
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
Progression within the company is a core value, and on completion of your apprenticeship you will have plenty of opportunities to progress and develop within the company.
This is a full-time position, and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool