Apprentice Java Developer
7 days left
We currently use Elasticsearch, Kafka, Storm and Spark to extract insights from a firehose of social network data. We have an aggressive roadmap, so now is a great time to get involved with a groundbreaking new product.
Your role will include:
- Developing a brand new product that our customers are extremely excited about
- Writing code in all manner of places: APIs, Spark jobs, Storm topologies and more
- Working closely with an extremely bright and talented team and product manager
- Contributing to the department as a whole through pull request reviews and tech talks
You should have:
- An interest in big data technologies
- An interest in agile development: Unit testing, Continuous build integration and deployment (Git, Maven, Jenkins), and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- An analytical mind and a self-starting attitude to problem solving
- High level of computer literacy
- High level of numeracy
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE's C and above including Mathematics, English and ICT (or equivalent).Future prospects Permanent position within the company. Things to consider From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly - any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.