Apprentice Test Developer
The candidate will be able to contribute within a small team of highly motivated, dedicated individuals. Experience of working in a Java software development environment is desirable and the candidate should be comfortable with writing Java programming language. Experience of using Selenium and Jmeter tools for automated test suites would be an advantage.
The candidate will be responsible for functional and performance testing using various software products using the plans, tools, and scripts developed by the Test Team. Participation in design specification reviews and technical documentation reviews is essential to performing these duties. Finally, the candidate will help prioritize defects to be fixed using an understanding of
the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
Ongoing training will be provided to ensure the successful candidate is able to fulfil the essential duties and responsibilities of this position - which include:
• To design and execute test plans.
• To automate functional Junit tests using Selenium Java client and Selenium RC.
• To automate and analyse the results of performance tests using Jmeter.
• To be able use Java programming and ant build tasks in the automation and execution of test plans.
• Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects.
• Work with multiple database interfaces and be familiar with standard web architectures.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the above the following will be strongly favoured..
• Experience of Linux (Ubuntu or Debian in particular) would be an asset.
• To help support our continuous integration environment - based on Hudson.
• To be able to write bash Linux shell in support of our Hudson environment.
• Experience with commercial web based software
• Knowledge of Eclipse IDE
• Knowledge of working within an agile software development process
• Knowledge of scalable clustered web applications
• Testing experience with IE 9+, Firefox, Chrome browsers on all devices
• Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS in particular MySQL
• Write clear and accurate reports using Jira
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
• Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervisionPersonal qualities
- Motivated to develop own skills
- Attention to detail
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE's C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Future prospects Permanent position within the company Things to consider From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly - any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.