Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Working within the established Electronics team, your role will be to design and develop electronic equipment for the purpose of collecting geophysical data used in the international energy field. Working with a variety of modern components and design techniques and in close cooperation with the Production, Manufacturing, Geoscience and Mechanical Engineering departments you will produce detailed electronics designs.
We are a successful, international award-winning company engaged in the design, manufacture and operation of sophisticated geophysical exploration equipment servicing the international energy industry. Our equipment operates in extreme environments of up to 20,000 psi (1,400 bar) and 175 C.
You will learn to:-
- Design Electronic circuits to component level capable of operating in extreme environments of up to 175 C and 20,000psi.
- Build and Test prototypes.
- Provide the PCB designer and Mechanical Engineer with full design details.
- Produce production information and test specification.
- Ensure prototypes meet the required specifications.
You will also be responsible for resolving any issues arising in connection with the production and operation of equipment, taking ownership of your designs providing full support and documentation both initially and throughout the service life of the product.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or a related Engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum 0-2 years of related experience
- Intrinsic interest in engineering.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Drive for results, enthusiasm, and a good work ethic.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of integrity.
- Willingness to collaborate in a diverse team.
- You will have an interest in some of the following:
- Digital Electronics (FPGAs, processors, ADC/DAC, signal processing etc.)
- Analogue Electronics (Op-amps, filters, instrumentation design etc.)
- Power Supply Design (Magnetic design, topology selection, thermal management etc.)