Active Consultancy was born all the way back in 1992 with a passion to do things differently. From humble beginnings over a dining table and a fax machine, the company has flourished. Delivering online sales incentives and ATOL-protected travel, to prize fulfilment, promotional offers and events, we are experts in recognising and rewarding attainment.
Office location – Esher, Surrey
Active Consultancy is looking for a Software Developer Apprentice to join our technical team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to learn and someone with a keen interest in web development.
The role would suit someone who has a grasp of the basics of web development, with good MySQL and database design knowledge in particular. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of technical and web development projects and as such, requires the ability to manage multiple tasks, while ensuring high levels of service are maintained.
£17,000 per annum.
Guided by the senior developer you would develop your skills through hands-on work and training, including:
- Analysing and processing data
- Providing internal technical support
- Assisting in the development of our products and services through researching and developing new ideas including client-specific custom functionality
- Learning new systems and/or IT languages
What we are looking for:
Essential skills / experience:
- Knowledge and/or training in MySQL
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail and testing skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Knowledge and/or training in PHP, jQuery/AJAX
- Qualifications in any/all of the IT languages quoted above
- Knowledge of WordPress websites, including maintenance
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud
7 GCSE's total:
- English GCSE grade D or above
- Other 6 GCSE's, including Maths, to be C or above
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday,
Hybrid working – 2 days at home / 3 days in the office.
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Hybrid working
- Potential of a full time role and pay rise on completion
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.