The PharmaC team at Clatterbridge Cancer Centre in Liverpool has a number of opportunities for passionate and dedicated individuals who are looking for a new challenge, the next step in their Pharmacy career, or just something different.
You will be joining a diverse and professional team, who take pride in providing a high quality and efficient medicines supply service to the Trust, to ensure that patients receive the best care. You will be involved in many different aspects of supplying medicines.
You will need great communication, accuracy and organisational skills. You will need to follow strict procedures and instructions carefully; dealing with queries and issues promptly and escalating when necessary. You will also need accurate record keeping and IT skills.
Pharmacy experience is desirable, but full training is given. We can offer plenty of opportunities for development and progression to those who have demonstrated excellence in the service of our patients. Experience in customer services, stock and inventory management or medicines procurement is desirable, but the ability to learn quickly and think on your feet is important.
You must have a good general level of education, having as a minimum a GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science at Grade C or above.Main duties of the job
Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant: Full time - 40 hours per week
- Work towards and achieve Buttercups Apprenticeship Pharmacy Assistant qualification.
- Perform all aspects of medicinal stock management duties, including ordering, receiving, distribution, dispensing, selling, stock taking, date checking and destruction.
- Follow all departmental and Trust wide procedures.
- Understand limits of responsibility, and appropriately escalating any issues or queries when needed.
- Maintaining accurate and safe storage of medicines in line with regulations.
- Communicating with colleagues, other healthcare professionals, customers, patients and relatives in a clear and professional manner, ensuring accuracy of information at all times.
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre (CCC) are one of the UK's leading providers of non-surgical cancer treatment, caring for a population of 2.4 million people across Cheshire & Merseyside. Our flagship specialist cancer hospital in Liverpool opened in June 2020, supported by our sites in Wirral and Aintree. CCC deliver a comprehensive range of inpatient care, advanced radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other systemic anti-cancer therapies including gene therapies and immunotherapies, and deliver a pioneering Treatment at Home and Work service and are the only facility in the UK providing low-energy proton beam therapy to treat rare eye cancers.CPL (as subsidiary of CCC) are here to deliver excellent cancer care to the people we serve and are looking for applications from those who share that commitment and our values.
The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check before employment can commence. Employment is conditional on satisfactory DBS clearance.Date posted
24 November 2023Pay scheme
Agenda for changeBand
Depending on experience £17,618 - £18,875 per annum Contract
24 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
The Clatterbridge Pharmacy Ltd, Clatterbridge Cancer Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
65 Pembroke Place