About the apprenticeship
Read and interpret fabrication drawings, sketches, and other drawings.
Be interested in structural steel area
Operate welding equipment & common workshop machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Maintain a safe work environment by following all safety regulations.
Perform welding operations such as arc welding, MIG welding, TIG welding, etc.
Experiance with gantry crane and forklift would be welcomed
1. Eagerness to learn: A desirable quality in an apprentice is a genuine enthusiasm and eagerness to learn new skills and acquire knowledge. They should be open to new experiences and willing to take on challenges.
2. Strong work ethic: An apprentice should possess a strong work ethic, demonstrating dedication, reliability, and a willingness to put in the necessary effort to succeed. They should be punctual, responsible, and committed to completing tasks to the best of their ability.
3. Adaptability: Apprentices should be adaptable and able to adjust to changing circumstances and environments. They should be flexible in their approach to work and open to feedback and constructive criticism.
4. Good communication skills: Effective communication is crucial in any work environment. Apprentices should be able to express themselves clearly and listen actively to instructions and feedback. They should also be able to work well in a team and collaborate with others.
5. Problem-solving skills: Apprentices should possess strong problem-solving skills and be able to think critically and analytically. They should be able to identify issues, propose solutions, and take initiative to resolve problems independently.
6. Self-motivation: A desirable quality in an apprentice is self-motivation. They should be proactive, taking initiative to seek out opportunities for growth and improvement. They should be able to work independently and demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility.
7. Positive attitude: A positive attitude is essential in any work environment. Apprentices should approach their work with enthusiasm, optimism, and a willingness to take on challenges. They should be able to maintain a professional and positive demeanor even in difficult situations.
8. Attention to detail: Apprentices should have a keen eye for detail and be able to pay close attention to instructions and guidelines. They should be thorough in their work and strive for accuracy and precision.
9. Time management skills: Good time management is crucial for apprentices to meet deadlines and complete tasks efficiently. They should be able to prioritize their workload, manage their time effectively, and meet established goals and objectives.
10. Professionalism: Apprentices should demonstrate professionalism in their behavior, appearance, and interactions with others. They should adhere to workplace policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality, and show respect for colleagues and superiors.
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Training provider course:
welding and fabrication engineering manufacture
About the employer
Unit 17 Village Court
Village Farm Industrial Estate, Pyle
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
To be arranged via telephone then appointment at premises