About the apprenticeship
The role of Playwork Leader is to work as part of the management team to lead the day to day organisation of the After- School and School Holiday provision for children aged 7-12 years as well as working in conjunction with colleagues from the existing nursery provision.
This is a full year provision (51 weeks per year)
Qualifications and Experience:
Level 2/3 Playwork Qualification, leadership experience of working within a similar environment, experience of working with children aged 7-12 years old.
- Lead the day to day management and organisation of the wraparound provision.
- Create a safe, welcoming and friendly environment delivering high quality creative play opportuntities embracing each child's individual needs and personality.
- Develop a programme of interesting and stimilating activities suitable for all ages utilsiing external providers which meet the standards set for the provison.
- Develop and maintain relationships with parents/carers and school to ensure smooth delivery of provision.
- To ensure the After-school and Holiday provision offers a high quality, inclusive environment which meets the needs of all children, regardless of social, culture, religion or beliefs.
- Manage all sessions to ensure ratios are maintained at all times.
- To keep up to date with relevant training to support the team and the delivery of the provision.
Previous Playwork Roles
Playwork Level 2/3
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Training provider course:
Playwork Level 3
About the employer
Little Inspirations Day Nursery
Tonyrefail Community School
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.