Job Title: Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator
Base: Riverside Surgery, Bovey Tracey and Tower House Surgery, Chudleigh. Will need to travel and work between the 2 sites.
Rate of Pay: From £8.00 per hour - negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 34 hours per weekMain duties of the job
To work as part of a team to ensure the provision of efficient and effective reception, administration and secretarial services to all surgery users.
Key Duties &Responsibilities:
- To provide friendly and efficient reception services to patients and visitors to the surgery, both at front-desk reception and on the telephone
- To use computer system to register patients, make appointments, prepare repeat prescriptions and up-date patient data in accordance with Practice Procedures.
- Maintain accurate filing systems for patient medical records, clinical and non-clinical correspondence
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Good level of general education
- IT Skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to organise and prioritise effectively
- Enjoy working in a public facing environment
- NVQ Level 2 - Customer Service Apprenticeship
- Full In-House Training will be provided
The Bovey Tracey & Chudleigh Practice aims to provide the highest standard of care to our patients and their families through a quality, safe and patient-centred approach. We have two purpose built surgeries with excellent facilities - Riverside Surgery, Bovey Tracey & Tower House Surgery, Chudleigh.
As an employer we regularly offer apprenticeship opportunities within our Reception Team and provide support and training whilst working towards their NVQ2 in Customer Services. In 2017 we were awarded Employer of the Year Certificate of Recognition for Supporting Lifelong Learning within the Workplace by Education & Training Skills Ltd for our continued commitment to supporting apprentices.Date posted
16 November 2023Pay scheme
Depending on experience Contract
12 monthsWorking pattern
Part-time Reference number
Le Molay-littry Way
Tower House Surgery