About the apprenticeship
● Assisting the butchery team with all aspects of butchery production, packing and cleaning.
● Preparing meat and products for sale
● Assisting with butchery displays and ensuring signage are accurate and attractive
● General retail duties
● Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
● Assisting in strict stock control rotation
● Accepting deliveries of large carcass which will involve heavy lifting
● Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls
● Keeping work tidy area clean at all times and cleaning down at the end of each day.
Lots of on-the job training
Flexibility on working hours - happy to consider part-time applicants
15% Staff Discount
Staff Referral Scheme
● Excellent communication, organisational skills, and the capacity to build strong working relationships with customers and the team
● Good attention to detail and passionate about food
● Physically fit and strong as the role involves some lifting, carrying, and working in cold environments
● High standards of appearance
● Reliable and punctual
● Ability to produce accurate work to tight deadlines under pressure
● Flexible approach to working hours
● Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
Good standard of English and Maths
Food Hygiene Level 2 (Desirable)
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Cambrian Training Company Ltd
Training provider course:
Cert - FDQ Level 2 Certificate for Proficiency in Meat and Poultry Industry Skills
About the employer
Neil Powell Master Butchers
New Hall Farm
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Telephone Interview and Face to Face Interview