Are you looking for a step into a leading manufacturing and production company? Based in the Ipswich area and looking for an apprentice to support their Maintenance Manager, whilst completing an apprenticeship Level 3. Learning the role of an engineer in a busy environment, previous similar experience will be beneficial as well as a passion for fault-finding in a practical hands-on field.
- Assist with organising effective and regular maintenance of the Company's plant and machinery in accordance with agreed maintenance plans
- Aid with the daily/weekly maintenance and safety checks in accordance with agreed maintenance plans to ensure the efficient and safe running of equipment
- Organising and document effective repair of breakdowns, ensuring minimum downtime
- Promote a safe working environment, adhering to the highest Health & Safety standards
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with sub-contractors
- Report any incidents or occurrences that may threaten the health and safety of employees or potential pollution to the environment to the Maintenance Manager
- Adhere to company practices, procedures, and quality systems
Needed from you as the Apprentice Maintenance Engineer:
- Drive, passion, creativity, and great problem-solving capabilities
- A commitment to be punctual, dependable, and reliable
- Keen to learn, develop and can demonstrate engineering interests/skills
- Due to location must drive
If you are a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice in Ipswich or the surrounding areas and are interested in applying for this role but want to know more about the company and culture, why not give Mitchell a call at Prime Appointments. Candidates who require sponsorship now or in the future are not eligible to apply for this vacancy.