Health and Social Care Graduate - Special Needs Support
Type: Full-Time/Part-Time (8:30am - 3:30pm)
Are you a Health and Social Care Graduate looking for experience in the Education field? Veritas Education are searching for Health and Social Care Graduates to work in a primary special school in Leeds. In this role you will be supporting students with Special Educational Needs (SEN), complex needs and challenging behaviours.
This role will enable you to use your knowledge and experience from your course and you can put it into practice in the classroom. You will be supporting primary aged students with Special Educational Needs (SEN), Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD) and Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH). Some of the children may experience challenging behaviours. You will be working alongside a team of highly trained specialist staff in a nurturing environment.
- Assist students in small groups and on a 1-1 basis with their individual and educational tasks.
- Interact with the children throughout the school day and assist on the playground.
- Be a fantastic role model and encourage positive behaviour.
- Be confident with behaviour management and de-escalation strategies.
- Build positive relationships with students and staff.
- Have good knowledge of the National Curriculum to support students with their learning.
- An optimistic outlook and determination to make a difference to children's education.
- Hard working and flexible to meet the needs of the children.
- Be comfortable and confident supporting children with complex SEN and medical needs.
- Communicate with the children by using PECS, sign language and Makaton.
- Where necessary, assist with personal changing.
- Completed a Health and Social Care course.
- Previous experience supporting children/adults with SEN and complex care.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Compassion and empathy for students with SEN.
- An understanding of the principles of person-centred care.
- Willingness to learn and a strong desire to make a positive impact.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Team Teach is desirable, although training can be offered by Veritas.
- Candidates must hold or be willing to apply for an enhanced DBS upon registration.
- Have proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
How to Apply:
If you are a compassionate and dedicated graduate looking to launch your career in education, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV to (url removed)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'