Founded 40 years ago, Metro is the UK’s leading privately owned logistics provider to leading British and international brands, importing and exporting the raw materials and finished products that feed, clothe, transport and protect consumers around the world.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You're purpose will be to primarily provide first line technical support on IT, Communications and Freight related systems, ensuring processes and procedures are followed correctly.
The department works in an ITIL based service desk environment answering calls, fixing and escalating faults for on-site and remote users.
Salary: £15,000 - £17,000 per annum.
Responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting issues through to resolution, configuring devices, installing new software and monitoring / maintaining existing systems.
As a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice you will:
- Provide 1st Line Support - logging incidents into the service desk system
- Provide additional 2nd Line Support in areas of more knowledge / expertise
- Escalate any incidents and requests as required
- Deploy and maintain software and hardware as directed, including patches
- Provide printer / scanner troubleshooting & management
- Assist with backup management, tape rotation, data retrieval
- Manage the phone and networking systems including re-patching
What we are looking for:
Experience / Skills:
- Experience of working in a front-line technical IT support environment
- Proven experience managing day to day work load, knowing how to prioritise and the ability to work self-sufficiently
- Have a professional, flexible and personable approach to user / customer relations
- Be comfortable communicating at all levels including board level
Desired skills and qualities:
- An individual with a keen interest in IT
- A highly productive, positive and energetic individual
- A level-headed problem solver who is patient, flexible, naturally organised and an instinctively excellent communicator
- Good personal skills essential with grit to not shy away from a demanding customer base
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Free onsite parking
- Friendly atmosphere
- Staff Events
- Opportunities for progression
- Ongoing training and development
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.