VernaCare are an award-winning global supplier of everyday healthcare essentials. We work to create quality products which are proven to help improve the lives of patients, residents and healthcare professionals by reducing the risk of healthcare-associated infections. As pioneers for safe and hygienic care, we continue to innovate and collaborate in the areas of single-use toileting systems, personal hygiene, environmental cleaning, skin integrity and surgical solutions, pushing the standard of care forward, helping people lead longer more dignified lives.
We are now looking for two eager candidates to join us as apprentices.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Level 3 IT Azure Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship.
As a Service Desk Analyst, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide excellent Customer Service to the business, in-person and via telephone and email.
- Managing service desk tickets from the business to ensure that the appropriate level of IT support is provided.
- Ensure that all Incidents are assigned the appropriate SLA.
- Take ownership of user incidents, tracking incidents and following incidents/requests through to completion.
- Manage all Service Desk tickets, escalating Incidents as appropriate.
- Carry out basic operational procedures and instructions so that tasks are completed accurately and on time, including performing user joiner/leaver processing and IT system housekeeping.
- Consistently meet Service Desk (KPI) Key Performance Indicators as set by the Service Desk Team leader.
- Ensure users are kept sufficiently informed of progress throughout the lifetime of their calls through regular emails / phone calls.
- Perform problem solving activities on Microsoft technologies including Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Intune and Active Directory.
- Provide basic triaging steps with line of business applications before logging with the appropriate supplier for further investigation.
- Check monitoring systems for incidents and warnings, and action or escalate as required.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, having the following skills and qualities would be highly beneficial:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly engaged with a willingness to learn with a positive and professional manner
- Ability to build effective relationships and teamwork skills
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products including Windows 10 and Office products
- Strong attention to detail in logging support calls, updating call details and managing call closure
Other key requirements for this role are:
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Willingness to learn and hit the ground running
Desired skill: [beneficial, not essential]
Full UK Driving License
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
37.5hrs a week.
£16,000 - £18,000 per annum.
- Opportunity to grow within the role and company.
- Flexible hybrid working - 2 days a week at home, occasional need to come in on these days during busy times etc.
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.