Bechtle AG is a multinational technology company with a business model combining information technology services with the direct sale of hardware and software IT products, as well as the operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure for industrial customers and public-sector clients.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
As an First Line Technical Support Apprentice, you will be responsible for providing first line technical assistance to our customers over the phone or via email by qualifying, assigning, and documenting problems into service desk tickets. You will be highly motivated and technically minded with a key focus on customer care for our managed service customers across the world.
- Act as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Qualifying, assigning, and documenting the problems raised by customers into service tickets
- Responsible for handling service requests which relate to all technology including Microsoft 365, workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software
- Provide remote and telephone support for client networks and applications
- Build devices within our workshop and customize them based on the customer’s needs
What we are looking for:
Skills and qualities:
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills that can adapt to changing priorities
- Astute problems solving skills – with the ability to analyse data to reach conclusions
- A confident telephone manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and methodical approach to work – most importantly seeing tasks and projects through to completion
- Ability to remain calm under pressure during challenging times
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Exceptional customer service skills including experience of dealing with diverse customer groups
- Ability to take a problem outside of your knowledge and aim to resolve or draw on resource to ensure resolution
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop Support and Microsoft Office 365 management and administration (desirable)
- You will have demonstrable experience of working with the following technologies: Microsoft 365 Administration & support. This should include the ability to troubleshoot basic problems and perform basic changes
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
What we offer:
- Hybrid-working (3 days in the office and up to 2 days agile working with managers discretion)
- Starting Salary of £14,500 per annum
- Culture – Social events, Supportive, Fun, Hard working
- Perks – Incentives (holidays, vouchers, lunches, spot prizes)
- Top of the range technology in office and for home working (laptops, screens, latest iPhone, etc)
- Subsidised health care/medical benefits
- Annual Leave – 25-30* days plus B. H’s + optional 2 weeks unpaid. *Increases with time spent
- Progression Plan – training & mentor programme
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.