Who you’ll be working for:
Partnership Education is a specialist ICT Services provider to the Education Sector. We pride ourselves on being an education company in technology, and not the other way around.
Our mission is simple... to provide outstanding ICT Support to schools.
What’s in it for you:
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing invoices for services / goods we have provided and send to customers
- Entering and managing transactions in Xero (accounting system)
- Dealing with customer phone and email enquiries about billing and other matters, courteously, professionally and accurately
- Supporting our team with enquiries about invoicing and payment
- Processing supplier invoices and liaising with relevant managers for sign-off
- Ensuring records are filed accurately and improving overall data quality
- Assisting the Procurement Manager in the procurement of goods for the company
- Contacting suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods
What we are looking for:
Skills and qualities:
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Good telephone manner
- Reliable, enthusiastic and able to work effectively both in a team and independently
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver solutions to meet customer SLA’s
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Private healthcare, Pension and Life Assurance
- Paid sick leave
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Membership of Employee Ownership Trust (all employees become part owners of the business, getting access to profit share & dividends)
- Structured Personal Development Plan including paid Training
Partnership Education have taken on a number of apprentices in the past and those individuals have gone on to have very successful careers within the business. The progression pathway is very clear and will provide many opportunities.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.