Focus Group bring the benefits of cloud-based, on-premise and hybrid IT services to organisations of all types and sizes. We provide point solutions, integrated packages and we are a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) and our services also include our award winning Cyber Security Awareness product suite.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience as you complete a Cyber Security Engineer - Level 4 Apprenticeship.
Reporting to the Head of Cyber Operations, the role has a responsibility for the maintenance and support of the IT Security Vendor solutions, MSSP customers, Systems and Processes that support these services plus direct support for our customers either in person, remotely (via email, helpdesk or collaboration tools) or via the telephone.
- Providing high levels of technical support for key Cyber Security solutions and services
- Deliver first class customer service
- Develop and utilise technical engineering skills to enable design, deployment and support of vendor solutions
- Monitoring and reacting to MSSP services alerts and communications
- Assisting in reviewing new technologies, new features and new services
What we are looking for:
Desirable skills / Personal qualities:
- Strong analytical skills
- A methodical step-by-step approach to resolving issue
- Adaptability to do a range of work, including the complex, non-routine, mundane and multi-environment
- Able to work under direction, use discretion and determine when to escalate issues
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
£19,461 per annum.
Monday to Friday,
9am - 5:30pm,
37.5hrs a week.
- A small but growing team
- Sociable and friendly people
- A team that encourages development and training
You will gain full time employment at the end of successfully completing the apprenticeship.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.