We are a family business that has grown over the years with the help, dedication and commitment of our qualified staff to achieve the highest standards of work and customer service.
We are looking for a talented individual to join their team. This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-paced environment.
£15,000 - £17,000 per annum.
Duties: [you will be:]
- Dealing with ongoing Project claims
- Handling incoming new and existing claims enquiries by phone, post, or email in a professional manner, deal with any queries and escalate if required
- Co-ordinating and managing the diary of the team with your manager
- Monitoring and chasing outstanding requirements for independent and insurance related jobs
- Maintaining accurate records on CRM system
- Carrying out other admin tasks as required
- Being empathetic towards out customers, supporting them through a difficult period in order to make their claim/job journey as easy and straightfoward as possible
- Building and maintaining a close repport with our valued clients
- Supporting your line manager to achieve team/business goals
What we are looking for:
Ideally you'll have the following skills/experience:
- Experience as an administrator or coordinating projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Proficiency with Office 365 and other systems
- Initiative to work independently and as part of a team
Familiarity with CRM platforms
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Benefits: [we provide]
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Smart casual dress code
- Free parking
- Flexible working hours -- standard hours are 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Pension contributions
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.