A Snapshot of Your Day
From solving operational issues and troubleshooting against tight timelines, processing diagnostic data, developing engineering solutions to complex issues for future incorporation through to the diligent compilation of technical documentation. The engineering internship programme provides an opportunity to experience life as a professional engineer within the service engineering environment working on live programmes in support of service delivery to our customer base globally.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders in multiple functions and locations of the Aero Gas Turbine (AGT) business in the delivery of customer requirements.
- Challenging convention, questioning the ‘norm’ and encouraging the business to innovate
- Build your Continuous Improvement skills and confidence through Lean Six Sigma basics training and owning/implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Become an active member within a team of Entry Level Talent (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in wider business projects through our culture hub. The scope of these projects will provide you with valuable team working experiences and opportunities to enhance presentation skills.
What You Bring
- Be on track to graduate with a 2:2 degree or above in an engineering discipline
- Enjoy jumping in and, with support from us, feel confident taking responsibility for live tasks and projects you’ve been assigned
- Are flexible, know how to connect and communicate with others and pride yourself on being positive
- Are comfortable with change and able to react to unexpected challenges with enthusiasm
- Are an analytical thinker and wish to develop an engineering understanding across a variety of systems
- Willingness to embrace continuous improvement with the ability to generate creative solutions to problems
About the Team
The Engineering function at AGT comprises several integrated teams, the internships in this recruitment cycle will be focused around Technical Document Services, Service Engineering or one of the support functions all of which will allow a deep understanding to be developed through the period by complete immersion within the team.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Provides opportunity to learn in an exciting and challenging global services environment
- A salary of £21,000 pro rata with options through a flexible benefit scheme to tailor your requirements
This role will be based at our modern office location within the European Innovation Center in Warwick commencing 05th August 2024.