Are you looking to develop a career in IT? Want to start an apprenticeship with a supportive company with a keen interest in supporting apprentices? Want an opportunity to continue your learning and development with progression routes?
We are looking for an IT Service Desk Apprentice to join our team, IT COULD BE YOU!
This opportunity will be supported by IT Support Professional (SCQF Level 8) Modern Apprenticeship delivered by QA Ltd.
Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, South America and Australia. The company’s success is driven by a dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
- Being part of a service desk team that will deliver a professional IT support experience to internal users in the UK, Europe and North America
- Providing first and second line support working from the Global service desk ticket queue, as well as handling incoming calls/emails
- Implementing infrastructure and business analysis tasks when required
- The creation and maintenance of procedures and knowledge base articles/solutions
- Delivering an effective and consistent service to our user base across all Global sites
- Experience with troubleshooting laptops, phones, tablets etc
- Technical support experience with Microsoft Windows/Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver great customer experience
- Ability to meet a challenge head on, and succeed in delivering team projects
- Be confident enough to contribute in Video Conference and face to face meetings
- Have an interest and desire to develop a career in IT
- A good team player, who can work to deadlines
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be flexible and have ability to travel if needed – the role covers as far North as Shetland Islands to Cumbria
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Company pension
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Salary sacrifice schemes
£18,000 per annum
Shifts of 9am - 5pm or 7am - 3pm, with 30 minutes lunch break
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!