What will you be doing day to day?
As an Apprentice Nursery practitioner you will have the opportunity to rotate around the nursery rooms and Forest School, gaining hands-on experience in all areas of our nurseries.
This, coupled with your apprentice training in Early Years, will equip you with all the skills, experience and qualification to apply to progress into a qualified educator role with us. This Apprenticeship will either be for a level 2 early years practitioner or level 3 early years educator depending on experience. From there, you can develop your career at N, opting for a managerial route, or pursuing a specialism in an area that excites you. This role is for multiple positions due to the growth of the business.
The role is a full-time position (40h working week, 20% of which is spent on learning).
Day to day you will learn to:
- Support your team in the delivery of basic childcare routines
- Be responsible for the delivery of our 'learning through play’ educational ethos
- Innovate with activities and constantly challenging your children’s learning and development
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Promote child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed- Work a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours (7am-7pm)
What can we offer you?
- £16,750 for Level 2 early years practitioner or £17,750 for Level 3 early years educator
- Funding of your apprenticeship
- You’ll be part of N Academy which could put you on track for an EY degree once your apprenticeship is complete
- Performance related bonus of up to £750 per year (once working within ratio)
- Up to 32 days holiday a year (including bank holidays, 1 day off for your birthday and 3 days during Christmas and New Year) to start (rises with length of service)
- Free daily lunch and drinks
- Personal development fund of £100 per year
- Professional development, specialisms, coaching and mentoring through our N Academy
- Annual clothing allowance of £100 (no uniform)
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave pay for all team members after 2 years continuous service with N
- 5 days full sick pay and, depending on individual circumstances, we may offer up to 5 days discretionary leave
- Paid training including 2 inset days per year
- Childcare discount of 10%, rising to 25% when you become a Nursery Manager
- Emergency childcare: 6 back-up childcare days in any of our nurseries
- Round the world trip and 2 weeks additional holiday for 5 years service
- Refer a friend bonus of £500 (plus other incentives) for existing and ex employees
- Amazing wellbeing benefits including one wellbeing week per term, Headspace premium membership, free counselling, 10% ClassPass membership discount, hardship fund
- Season pass loan and cycle to work scheme
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education